Species name Canine. Scientific name, canis lupus familiaris. Cousin to the wolf, this domestic canine resides safely within the hearts of many. They are loyal, dedicated and love us unconditionally. They are our constant companions, our trusty sidekicks, and our everyday clowns. For many, the family dog(s) is more than just a dog, they are member of the family and rest assured that your family member is just as important to us and they are to you. We offer a wide variety of services both mobile and in house to assist you with your dog’s needs. We are here for you 24hrs a day. We offer routine as well as sick and emergency visits. Just pick up the phone and tell us what you need.
In house Services
- Routine wellness and preventative medicine and vaccinations
- Nutritional counseling
- Heartworm testing and treatment
- Sick and Emergency visits
- In house diagnostic procedures (CBC, blood chemistry analysis, Urinalysis, fecal testing, etc.)
- Digital Radiography
- Ultrasound for pregnancy
- Ultrasound guided sample collection
- Routine surgical sterilization (castration and ovariohysterectomy)
- Limb Amputation
- Minor fracture repair
- At home euthanasia (cremation services available through Good Shepherd)
Mobile Services Available
Whether you have just one or a whole herd of canines in your family, a trip to the veterinarian can sometimes become an all-day affair. Wrangling and corralling canines, untangling leashes and choreographing the steps to the dance know as the “in the car-out of the car- in the hospital-out of the hospital-in the car-out of the car-home again” tango can be a daunting dilemma. Often this leads owners to neglect the veterinary care they would like to provide their pets. We would like to offer an alternative to that dilemma…let us come to you. We can help you care for your canine family members in your home. Our practice has been offering on farm veterinary services and house calls for years now. The only difference is that we have expanded our services to include your dogs as well. We offer many services that can be easily performed in your back yard, living room or wherever your and your dog are more comfortable.
Here is a sample list of services that we can provide:
- Wellness and Sick exams
- Litter evaluations including initial vaccinations, deworming of puppies and dam
- Routine annual vaccinations: distemper/parvo combinations, lepto, intranasal bordatella, and rabies
- Ultrasound for pregnancy
- Heartworm testing (on site, results within 5 min)
- Sample collections for labwork: CBC, chemistry, ear cytology, skin scraping, fecal examinations
- Treatment of common diseases and ailments
- At-home euthanasia
Surgical and in-depth diagnostics and treatments are recommended to be seen in the clinic.
We stay open later on Tuesdays (until 6:30pm) and have Saturday hours (8am-12noon) available in the clinic for your convenience. Our doctors are also on-call after hours for your emergency needs as well. No one wants to have to make those late night calls but if you, know that we are here for you.