Species name Avian. Scientific name, Gallus gallus domesticus. The common poultry bird consists of many breeds of domestic chickens, but our services extend to other fowl including ducks, geese, guinea and pea fowl. Of course we do not service commercial fowl, only privately owned hobby birds. Many people raise fowl for personal use including pet and pleasure not to mention subsistence farming and hobby. There are special considerations for these birds as they still have impact on the human food supply and any treatments must include egg or meat withdrawls. Veterinarians trained in this type of medicine are the best to address many of the problems faced with individual birds as well the health and well being of the flock.
In house Services
- Routine wellness and environemental counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Sick and Emergency visits
- In house diagnostic procedures (CBC, blood chemistry analysis, fecal testing, etc.)
- Digital Radiography
- At home euthanasia (cremation services available through Good Shepherd)
Mobile Services Available
Whether you have just one or a whole flock of birds in your family, a trip to the veterinarian can be impossible. We can make farm visits to inspect the flock and their housing to determine the source of problems or the best way to remedy the situation at hand.
Here is a sample list of services that we can provide:
- Wellness and Sick exams
- Accredited paperwork, CVI’s
- Sample collections for labwork: CBC, chemistry, fecal examinations
- Treatment of common diseases and ailments
- At-home euthanasia
We stay open later on Tuesdays (until 6:30pm) and have Saturday hours (8am-12noon) available in the clinic for your convenience. Our doctors are also on-call after hours for your emergency needs as well. No one wants to have to make those late night calls but if you, know that we are here for you.